Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Let's give it up for men!

Just as an article in May pointed out the attacks being made on Mothers and Motherhood, this one addresses the need to honor our Fathers, as well as our Mothers.

First of all, I am grateful for a doctrine that teaches that men and women are equal partners before God, and that their different roles are important for success in families, communities, and the world.

Secondly, I am grateful for a good father. He was strict in the way he raised us, but liberal in talking and listening to us. He has always been my biggest fan, and whenever I've needed good, solid advice, he has given it. So has my mom. They make a great team.

Lastly, I am extremely grateful for the man who married me. He is the best person I have ever known. He works hard every day so that I can go to the hospital whenever I have health problems, and so that our family can eat good food, and do fun things together. And when he comes home, he plays with the kids, and is emotionally available to listen to me. He honors his commitments, he loves his family, he's completely dependable. He is way smart, not dumb like sitcoms portray, and he's really talented. You should hear him play the piano. And he's super good-looking!

1 comment:

Judy said...

I agree 100 percent! The article is good, you have a great husband and you do make a great team!