http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2009/11/10/john-lott-ft-hood-end-gun-free-zone/
I understand that gun-control laws are a touchy subject. Guns are dangerous. If no one had any guns, then no one would be killed by them. Unfortunately, gun control laws make it difficult for responsible, law abiding citizens to obtain guns, but do not deter criminals.
John Lott, an economist, has written time and time again about the ineffectiveness of gun control laws, and in the above article, he supports his position by citing the laws that keep members of the military from carrying guns on base, and which so sadly resulted in soldiers at Fort Hood being unable to defend themselves against a traitor. The MILITARY!!! If they can't protect themselves, who can?
3 comments:
Yeah, I was a bit flabbergasted, too... I never realized (because I never asked, and the alternative never occurred to me) that the personnel on-base are unarmed. I think everyone (with the possible exception of trainees) should be at least minimally armed with a weapon they're comfortable using.
Jen after reading your email I decided to test something. Here is what I found out.
Okay, I just checked my test run. So if you are concerned about people having your email then when you leave comments for people that you do not want to share your email with - just click the "anonymous" tab under identity and leave your name in the comment. Your email address will NOT appear in that person's inbox, instead it shows as "noreply-comment@blogger.com" so you are totally safe. But when you know the person and they are on your safe list - then you can use your real identity!
I hope that helps. Tiff
I like your blog - I need to come back and read all your great links. What is this world coming to? It is so frustrating. Thanks for all the information.
P.S. I don't like facebook either. I don't have an account and can't be convinced by anyone to get one.
Post a Comment