Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Guilt Day

A good friend asked why so many Christians were opposed to "Earth Day," when we have been taught to love and take care of God's creations. Good question.

Maybe it's because Earth Day is promoted by people who believe in population control as one of the ways of taking care of the Earth. This is a conflict for those who believe in God's commandment to "multiply and replenish the Earth."

God made the Earth for Mankind. While He commanded us to take care of it, there are some things over which we have no control. Earth's temperatures have been changing since the beginning of it's creation--whether or not it was created in 6 days or through the process of evolution, it's no matter--man's presence on the Earth has had little to no impact on its temperature. Thanks due to "Climate-gate," more people are starting to hear evidence that supports this, and not one-sided, politically-motivated fabricated numbers pointing the finger at us evil humans.

Another reason I oppose Earth Day is that I don't like being told what to do by celebrities who have a "Do what I say, not what I do" mentality. Sure, it's fine for them to own mansions and estates, and travel around the world (in planes that use fuel), they've earned that right, who am I to criticize that. But for them to turn around and criticize ME for not using a mercury-filled fluorescent light bulb, or for using toilet-paper and flushing each and every time I use the toilet (tmi!!!) is utterly ridiculous.

No comments: