An interview with Bill Gates appeared in the WSJ a couple of days ago.
What I find surprising is how an innovator like Bill Gates is apparently blinded by his own political convictions. Either that, or he's made a deal to keep Microsoft out of trouble.
You'll see in the interview how he hedges on his answers--how he comes close to admitting how unions interfere with improvements in education, but stops short.
I'd like to ask Gates where he sent his own children to school. I'm willing to bet that he ensured that they got the best possible education, and I'd bet that it wasn't through public schools. In my opinion, Gates could have avoided funding numerous studies simply by looking at what he has done as a parent for his children. What if he tried to help other students get the education his own children got, rather than throwing it away in the public education system? Has he considered starting his own private school system? It would be in his own self-interest to help train his future workforce.
No comments:
Post a Comment