Wednesday, November 7, 2012

More unhappy thoughts

Robert Stacy McCain expresses in writing exactly what I feel here:  http://spectator.org/archives/2012/11/07/doomed-beyond-all-hope-of-rede


While I never was convinced that Romney was the most "electable" candidate, he gained my respect as I learned more about his unsung acts of kindness and charity. I had planned to hold him accountable to conservative principles when he became president, but I had hope that his election would stall the impending downfall of America.

For all who will shrug their shoulders and tell me to lighten up, I invite them to take a look at this, and then ask me again to lighten up.

1 comment:

Judy said...

It is depressing. Perhaps it would be easier for us if we didn't see the big picture....if we could just eat, drink and be merry as we walk off the cliff.

When your dad got up this morning he said, "Somehow I can't get the Book of Mormon off my mind."

Somehow it's not even much comfort to place our hope in God, because of that disturbing IF clause. Like it or not, He keeps His promises.