Or maybe journalists and politicians are playing to our Freudian "id"s on purpose--thinking that maybe we'll buy into the gargantuan stimulus package the same way people are sucked into male-enhancement products. Unless you have GREAT online security, then like me, you would have gotten hundreds of spams with titles like "want to impress her?" or "so massive it scared her"--and those are relatively inoffensive examples of some I have sent straight to the trash, and attempted to filter with slight success.
As I read articles describing the dire circumstances of our country, and how important it is that we pass this atrocity, here are words that I am seeing repeatedly:
stimulus (maybe a stretch, since it's what everyone is calling this thing)
package It just occurred to me that maybe the innuendo began AFTER the "stimulus package" was named
the sweet spot
limp
size
growth
elevated
rigorous
stripped, stripping
burning the midnight oil
massive measure
Am I imagining things? At any rate, I find it extremely offensive--not just the similarities to online sex scams--the bill itself is the real perversion.
2 comments:
LOL!!! That is SO funny! Word *choices* (especially ones that make it past editors) DO tell us things, and I think it's all very consistent with the image the media is seeking to create for us... there's probably a lot of giggling going on in the copy rooms... ;-)
LOVED this post...so funny!...and also made me gag a little...I am totally with you! The majority of people...wait...I think ALL the people I know are totally against the stimulus package...so what the heck is going on here!?!?!
Post a Comment