Tuesday, October 20, 2009

some articles, some thoughts

Thomas Sowell: "To Sue or Not to Sue"

Rush Limbaugh: The Race Card, Football, and Me

I find it frustrating when someone expresses surprise that I listen to or read Glenn Beck, or don't hate Rush Limbaugh, dismissing them as "controversial figures."

Frustrating because they use that as an argument to dismiss anything else I might believe in. Frustrating because they don't actually know anything about Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, or any other conservative columnists.

I have not heard or read every single thing ever said by Rush or Glenn, but what I have heard is a far cry from "controversial," "irrational," "racist," or any of the other popular accusations. That they are widely accepted as such attests to the effectiveness of leftist smear campaigns.

Not that it hurts them much--they are enjoying tremendous success for being controversial characters.

Cal Thomas article: "The Way It Is"

This article didn't talk about specific people, but illustrates the differences between conservative and liberal philosophies.

Oh, and here's another article by Victoria Jackson--I love her, by the way--which echoes what I said earlier about conservative people being labeled as lunatics.

No comments: