Saturday, April 14, 2012

Breitbart is Here!

I've never been anyone's groupie, the only celebrity deaths that have ever really saddened me were those of Luciano Pavarotti and Beverly Sills. But last month, on March 1st, I sat down to do my daily reading of the BIGS, and learned that Andrew Breitbart had suddenly passed away the previous night. And then I went through all of the stages of grief as if he had been a close friend. I cried for days. Not just for the loss of such a giant, but for the blow it is to our country's future. No one will be able to fill his shoes.

Breitbart would want us to continue where he left off--to hold journalists accountable for biased reporting, to confront hypocrisy, and to simply stand up for the rights and freedoms that are being eroded. I haven't found the courage to step into the fray in a public way, but I did buy this shirt!

No comments: