Friday, March 15, 2013

Little Lies

Within months, Ariel/Julia/duped voters realize their mistake, and wish they had voted for Romney instead.  Still, unable to take responsibility for their actions, and fearful of retribution in the form of drones, they sing this song (mostly) by Fleetwood Mac:
 
 If I could turn the page
 In time then I'd rearrange just a month or four
 Close my, close my, close my eyes
 But I couldn't find a way
 So I'll settle for a way to believe in four years more
 Tell me, tell me, tell me lies

(Chorus)
 Tell me lies
 Tell me sweet little lies
 (Tell me lies, tell me, tell me lies)
 Oh, no, no you can't disguise
 (You can't disguise, no you can't disguise)
 Tell me lies
 Tell me sweet little lies

 You promised more transparency
 But your backroom deals have doomed the economy
 Close my, close my, close my eyes
 No more White House Tours
 But we’re better off just blaming the other guys
 Tell me, tell me, tell me lies

 (Chorus)

 If I could turn the page
 In time then I'd rearrange just a month or four
 Close my, close my, close my eyes
 But I couldn't find a way
 So I'll settle for a way to believe in four years more
 Tell me, tell me, tell me lies

 (Chorus)

No comments: