My analogy today comes from Disney’s Little Mermaid. Ursula is Obama, and she gets Ariel/Julia/the
uninformed voter to accept her agenda by lying, and promising the impossible
and unaffordable.
I admit that in the past I've been in a choom gang
They weren't kidding
when they called me, well, “pot head”
But you'll find
that nowadays
I've mended all my
ways
Repented, run for
office, and reduced the debt
True? Yes
And I fortunately
know how to steal elections
It's a talent that
I always have possessed
And here lately,
please don't laugh
I use it on behalf
Of the miserable,
lonely and depressed
(Pathetic)
Poor unfortunate
souls
In pain
In need
This one longing for
free health care
That one wants an Obamaphone
And do I help
them?
Yes, indeed
Those poor
unfortunate souls
So sad
So true
They come flocking
to my campaign
Crying, "Favors,
Obama please!"
And I help them?
Yes, I do
Now it's happened
once or twice
Someone couldn't
pay the price
And I'm afraid I
had to rake 'em 'cross the coals
Yes, I've had the
odd complaint
But on the whole
I've been a saint
To those poor
unfortunate souls
([Obama:] Have we
got a deal?
[Julia:] If I vote
for you, I’ll never live in freedom again
[Obama:] But
you'll have your man—me! Life's full of tough
choices, innit?
Oh - and there is
one more thing. We haven't discussed the subject of payment.
[Julia:] But I
don't have any -
[Obama:] I'm not
asking much. Just a token, really, a trifle. What I want
from you is . . . your
“fair share”.
[Julia:] But if I
can’t keep what I earn, how can I-
[Obama:] You'll
have your phone! Your unemployment benefits! And don't underestimate
the importance of
food stamps! Ha! )
Washington elites don't like checks and balances
They think a filibuster is a bore
Yes, around here it's much preferred
For the Bill of Rights to be ignored
And after all, dear,
what is idle prattle for?
Come on, we're not all that impressed with the
Constitution
True politicians avoid it when they can
But they dote and swoon and fawn
On a constituent who’s a pawn
It's those who hold their tongues who get guns banned
Come on, you poor
unfortunate soul
Go ahead!
Cast your ballot!
My wife’s a busy
woman
And I've got some golf to play
It won't cost much
Just your wallet!
You poor
unfortunate soul
It's sad
But true
If you want to
cross a bridge, my sweet
You've got to pay
the toll
Take a gulp and
take a breath
And go ahead and
sign the scroll!
Valerie, Michelle,
now I've got her, gals
The boss is on a
roll
This poor
unfortunate soul
3 comments:
Love it!
Dr. Robert Lustig (author of Fat Chance and Sugar--The Bitter Truth) said:
"Government programs WIC and SNAP keep the needy alive and complacent."
They signed the scroll. Maybe not today, but they will pay the toll.
Jen, this was priceless.
Thanks!
Post a Comment