I've been holding this in, but the news won't relent, and I can't escape his face everywhere I look, and I'm about to say something very rude in front of a Michael Jackson fan. Since this isn't the most read blog on the planet, I feel safe in confessing that I would be happy if I never heard another thing about him for the rest of my life!
I didn't like hearing about him when he was alive, and certainly don't think he deserves to be honored so abundantly now that he's dead. And it's ridiculous that his death under investigation. Someone, don't remember who, said that the real shock would have been if Michael had lived until he was 80.
Though I'm sad that Sarah resigned from the Alaska Governor ship, I am glad that sometimes news about her has overshadowed the latest updates regarding Jackson's memorial which is not being held at Neverland (shocking!). But most of the comments about Palin are simply inaccurate.
Many are saying how shocking and unbelievable this is, calling her speech rambling and bizarre. Is it so very hard to believe that a mother would put her family first over a career that was costing her thousands of dollars to defend, and invites the ridicule of her young children?
Many are saying it's political suicide. I suppose if your definition of success is becoming the President of the United States, well, maybe this will lead to her "failure." Ironically, if she becomes President, she will still be called a failure by her detractors.
Some are taking her at her word, and are taking a "wait and see" approach, which is what I am doing. If she never sets foot in the public arena, I wouldn't blame her. And I would still believe that she did a lot of good while she was there.
4 comments:
Yup, totally agree on all. Can't stand MJ.
Maybe I can use your forum to add my pent-up feelings: I actually liked some of MJ's earlier songs but I have to be sad about how our idolatrous society turns a precocious, talented child into a freak? How many young people miss out on the simple, spiritual beauty of being ordinary and are turned into the "god(s) of this world." It's interesting how such things historically infect whole families--for generations! And in the end there is always a lot more pain than ever was talent, fame or money. MJ is dead but not gone... and there are many who will see to it!
Wow Mom, you said that so well.
I have mixed feeling about Palin's resignation, too, but still a lot of respect for her. My thoughts are that perhaps it's the end of an *establishment* career... and a focus on family until *anti-establishment*-type parties become even more widely-supported.
Post a Comment