Newsweek made some comparisons between current politicians and Star Wars/Trek characters, in which all of the good guys were Democrats, and the bad guys were made up of the previous administration. http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/cftoto/2009/04/29/newsweek/ Unfortunately, I cannot find the original Newsweek article.
Anyway, I find it ironic, because had I been doing the list, The Emperor would be played by Henry Paulson, and then the role would have been passed down to Tim Geithner. Dick Cheney? Because he's angry? The Emperor is never angry.
So...who do you think fits which parts?
The Emperor
Anakin/Darth Vader
Darth Maul
Jabba the Hut
Obi-Won Kenobi
Luke
Leia
Han Solo
Or from Star Trek:
Captain Kirk
Spock
Scotty
Or the Next Generation:
Captain Picard (my favorite!)
Data
the Clingon guy (you can tell I'm not really a treky)
Or Batman characters?...
I'm intrigued about the number of Hollywood hero comparisons there have been in my reading material lately.
Is it because we are looking for a hero? If one appears, will we recognize him or her? Or will they be squashed by the mainstream media the way Sarah Palin was? Not that I'm discounting her--I still have hope that she'll rise from the ashes.
3 comments:
I'm still simmering this one, but here's what I have so far:
Star Wars -
*Darth Maul: Rahm Emmanuel
*Jabba: Teddy Kennedy
*Obi-won: Ron Paul
*Han Solo: Jim DeMint. Or another upstart conservative.
(I'm TOTALLY with you on the Emperor match...)
*Anakin/Darth Vader: Gotta be Obama. Got mommy/daddy issues, very precocious, can't handle criticism or disappointment...
Star Trek (I) -
*Captain Kirk: This is SOOO Obama.
*Spock: Rahm Emmanuel (although he'd be an evil Spock, not the good Spock) Cool, but very dangerous.
*Scotty: Definitely Joe Biden. Comic Relief, for sure!!!
Can't really make any connections for TNG... Picard is too classy for anyone I can think of - OH!!! Daniel Hannan!!! He'd be my hero, LOL! Data & Worf, hmm... dunno. Troi? Wesley Crusher?
You are so awesome! I LOVE your picks!
I'm going to submit Sarah Palin as Princess Amidala, rather than Princess Leia. While she has Leia's attitude, Amidala is a mother--and Darth Vader uses the Force to kill her.
Post a Comment