That the Miss USA "scandal" is absolutely ridiculous.
First of all, that anyone should take this degrading practice of parading women around a stage in bikinis seriously baffles me. In fact, from what I understand, this popularity contest has been losing popularity over the years, rarely getting the publicity it used to.
I wonder if the pageant officials who are so enraged by Miss California's "bigoted" answer are putting up a false front because they're getting a lot more publicity now, even more than when Miss Tara whatshername was discovered to be a binge-drinking party girl, or when nude photos turned up of Vanessa Williams.
Some snivel-y journalists are "defending" her by criticizing her grammar. (Because they've always expected perfectly well-turned phrases in this battle of brains--snort.) They are pretending to believe in free speech, but discrediting her all the same.
I've already given more space to this issue than it deserves. So has everyone else. But it demonstrates the extremes to which people will go to further the "cause" of gay marriage, and they undermine their own "quest" for tolerance.
1 comment:
Well put. Thank you.
Post a Comment