Wednesday, April 15, 2009

report on the Boise, Idaho Tea Party

According to some, I guess I took part in a Right-Wing Extremist activity when I took my three kids to the Boise Tax Day Tea Party, and protested big government spending.

This Idaho Statesman article gives a good summation.

Here's a little less informative one from KTVB.com. Maybe there will be more on the evening news, I did see Ysabel Bilbao there.

Here are some photos. I took some of them, but some of the best shots were by my son Jeff and his friend, Ethan. I used Kannie's idea for a protest sign for my kids.










Some took the opportunity to campaign. Rex Rammel spoke, accounting for his past work, and announcing his next candidacy. I saw Pro-Life there (if you don't know who he is, he ran for U.S. Senate against Risch, Rammel, and LaRocco) talking to people. There were a lot of Ron Paul signs. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I guess I'm not in the mood to listen to campaign promises, I want our leaders to listen to us.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

YOU ROCK!!! :-) What a great stand, and thanks for the links to the stories! :-)

Again, YOU ROCK!!! Wish I could've been there with you!!! :-)

Susz said...

Way to take a stand for all of the quiet people :) So proud of you! Sarah would be too.
Palin '12

Tiffani said...

I saw Suszette at Costco today and she told me about your tea party pictures. I have been meaning to apologize - I was so short that I'm afraid I could have come across as being rude. I was going to come talk to you but then I saw you on your way out. I am so proud of you for braving the weather with your kids! Way to go! Jen, I would like to invite you to be a guest blogger (on one principle of your choosing 13 - 28) on the Seek Out the Best Books Blog. Let me know if you are interested...I would LOVE your participation. I am asking everyone I bought books for to take a principle and share with us. Thanks so much, Tiffani

Tiffani said...

I know I didn't buy you a book - but I assume you have a copy of the 5000 Year Leap already. (I wasn't clear in the last comment). :-)

Happy Thought, Indeed! said...

Tiffany--I'm way interested!