Wednesday, January 21, 2009

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/01/21/obama-lift-ban-funding-groups-providing-abortions-overseas/

http://www.lifenews.com/nat4757.html

I didn't really want to or plan to write a criticism of the president on his first day of office. In keeping with campaign promises, by lifting a ban ordered by the Bush administration, federal money can go towards abortions overseas. Federal money: money we've entrusted to our Government, our taxes.

The subject of abortion is one I plan to address here, but it's a sensitive subject that I want to handle carefully. But it's one thing for abortion to be legal, it's another to take taxpayer money to assist the continuation of the procedure around the world.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's tough; abortion really is a sensitive issue, and it's even more politicized than "thought" through. Looking forward to your post someday! :-)

And yes, this is a bad start to his presidency. The first thing he does is encourage abortion. Yippee...

Judy said...

I always enjoy your comments, Jen. It makes me wonder how any practicing Christian can justify any kind of pro-abortion stance--especially with taxpayer money. I suppose it is because the subject isn't really addressed in depth in the Bible and one can "define" it away into insignificance. It makes me sad.