Monday, April 13, 2009

Tea PARTY!!!

April 15 is Dave's birthday, and he's actually looking forward to turning the big 4-0, because he will finally be DONE with another tax season. A lot of others will be celebrating Dave's birthday in the form of a National Protest! Tea parties are springing up in nearly every city, including the one in which I live. So, from noon to 2 p.m., I'm going to do something I've NEVER done before in my life--become a political activist! And I'm bringing my kids! Should I print off signs for them to carry?

Links about the Tea Party:

Rick Santelli's protest on you tube.

Move Over, Move On!

Freedom Works

Fox forum

Tax Day Tea Party

Tax Day Tea Party, Idaho

http://politicallogos.wordpress.com/national-tea-party/

Fox Forum

Lori Byrd

9 comments:

Cheri said...

Really? You're going? I have wanted to, but I decided not to because I have the kids, but if your going, feel like company?
I don't want to go alone with three rats and one in the oven.

Happy Thought, Indeed! said...

I would LOVE it if you came! If you want, we can meet at my house. Let me know, and I can send you directions, via phone or email.

I'm a little nervous about taking the kids, although the facebook invite I received gave me the impression it would be family-friendly. (Parking might be an issue...) Fortunately, we don't have to commit to the entire two hours...grumpy kids will be taken home!

Unknown said...

Yay!!! :-) I'm hoping we'll be recovered enough to brave it, LOL - have you decided what to do for your kids' signs? (I'm thinking "Stop Selling My Future!" for Kiddo...)

Cheri said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Happy Thought, Indeed! said...

I was thinking of the exact same sign for my kids! Great minds...

Cheri, I deleted your comment so that your email address wouldn't be available to just anyone--will contact you momentarily!

Happy Thought, Indeed! said...

I had another idea for a sign:

M others
A gainst
B ig
S pending

Unknown said...

As far as you can tell, is that 12-2 event at the Capitol, the main one?

Happy Thought, Indeed! said...

According to what I've read, the capitol is the main event. I've read other things though to make me not entirely sure. But it makes sense to have it at the Capitol--Idaho's government center.

Happy Thought, Indeed! said...

Wait--I just read something about a march from Ann Morrison Park to the Capitol. Now I'm really wondering where to park.

If there is something going on at the capitol from noon to 2 p.m., and there is also a march which ends up at the capitol, I suppose we'd all end up at the same place eventually...